Indianapolis, Indiana – Indiana State Police and local law enforcement agencies are joining forces for the “Click It or Ticket” campaign this Memorial Day weekend, ensuring road safety for all travelers.
Authorities will be actively monitoring seatbelt usage and identifying drivers who exhibit dangerous or impaired driving behaviors.
To enhance everyone’s safety on the roads, Indiana State Police offer the following tips:
- Get sufficient rest, particularly if embarking on long-distance travel.
- Maintain a safe following distance behind other vehicles.
- Adhere to posted speed limits and use turn signals appropriately.
- Avoid lingering in the left lane unless actively passing or preparing for an upcoming left turn.
- Stay focused while driving and refrain from distractions.
- Ensure all occupants are properly restrained with seatbelts.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you witness a potentially impaired driver, promptly contact the police.
By following these guidelines, travelers can contribute to a safer Memorial Day weekend on Indiana’s roads.