Carmel, Indiana – On Monday morning, Mohawk Trails Elementary School in Carmel was temporarily evacuated following reports of a gas odor.
The Carmel Fire Department confirmed that the school was cleared due to concerns arising from the scent of natural gas. The department subsequently stated on their official social media platform, “Crews are continuing to investigate. At this point they have no smell or readings on their monitors.”
Subsequent to a comprehensive inspection of the premises by maintenance personnel, fire department crews, and the gas company, the department reported “no issues.” Students were then allowed to re-enter the building.